Tonight I made the most delicious meal and it was so good I just had to share! I whipped up chicken-bacon skillet dinner with sweet potato casserole and green beans. I'll share the recipe below!
Sweet potato casserole
Ingredients :
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 can crushed pineapple
Topping:
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
Mix together all basic ingredients and spread in a baking dish. (I use a glass 9×13 Pyrex) Spread with topping and bake in a 300 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until crisp.
Chicken and bacon Skillet supper
Ingredients:
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I buy them in packs of 6 so I only do six of them)
Salt and pepper
3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped (I cut the bacon strips with kitchen shears)
1/2 cup chicken broth
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken and bacon over medium-high heat for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally to brown evenly. Carefully add broth; cover and cook 3-5 minutes more until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Usually I serve this with oven roasted asparagus but I forgot to buy some so I just added a side of green beans and called it a meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment